What is the eligibility criteria for a CITB Number?
Broadly, you must be living in South Australia and be working in South Australia’s building and construction industry. Please refer to our eligibility policy for definitions of ‘building and construction’ and specific requirements for a CITB number.
How long does my CITB number last for?
CITB Numbers expire at different times, based on your approval status.
Are approved for four years before they will automatically expire, unless renewed.
Are approved for the term of the apprenticeship. On completion, a reminder will be sent to renew.
Are approved for one year in year 11, and can renew in year 12 for another year (if completing an Advanced Skills Cluster).
Why is my CITB number on hold?
There are a few reasons why your CITB number is put on hold:
- We are waiting on confirmation of your training contract
- A previous employer has notified us that your details have changed
- A training provider has notified us that your details have changed
- Your details are deemed to be incorrect, or your application is incomplete
- We are waiting on confirmation of your employment
- Your employer is not registered with CITB.
If your CITB number is put on hold you, will receive a notification to provide further detail.
I have moved interstate – can I still use my CITB number?
No, we only partner with South Australian based Training Providers.